I now have separate web pages devoted to my books and my articles.
Read more about my books, which are
- Cybercrime Investigations: A Comprehensive Resource for Everyone, and
- Cybersecurity for the Home and Office
Read my articles, and access a (relatively) complete list of them, which include articles about:
- Cybersecurity and information security
- Cybersecurity for lawyers
- Laws, regulations, criminal justice, etc.
- Polices, standards, and procedures
- Cybercrime investigations
- Money laundering and anti-money laundering (AML) and financial investigation
- Equifax data breach
- Virtual currency (cryptocurrency, virtual assets, value other than currency, Bitcoin, Webmoney, Egold, etc.)
- Email based funds transfer schemes, like business email compromise (BEC), CEO Fraud, CFO fraud, etc.
- Trees and plants
- Food allergies
- James Fowler, Marathon Marine and a true hero
These articles have appeared in a variety of publications and places including: Huffington Post, ACAMS Today, New York State Bar Association Journal, American Bar Association Journal, American Bar Association GP SOLO Magazine, ABA Information Law Journal, Encyclopedia of Security and Emergency Management (Springer), Fraud Magazine (a publication of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners), Leatherneck - Magazine of The Marines, Medium.com, and of course here, JohnBandler.com, where I seek to compile them in a reader friendly manner.
This is a placeholder landing page, updated 1/23/2022.