My coupon code at the Infosec Institute
I have created a wonderful course on privacy and cybersecurity law which also helps prepare learners for the IAPP CIPP/US certification exam on privacy. Now I have a personal coupon code (Bandler50) for Infosec Skills that anyone can use to subscribe and access my course plus over a thousand others.
For anyone not familiar, CIPP/US is the leading privacy certification and is administered by IAPP. IAPP stands for International Association of Privacy Professionals, and CIPP/US stands for Certified Information Privacy Professional, United States.
My CIPP/US course at Infosec
My course is through Infosec Institute and their Infosec Skills program, and is one of over 1,300 that they offer, all geared for information security professionals. My course is for:
- Infosec pros interested in privacy and cybersecurity law
- Anyone interested in privacy, and
- Anyone studying for the CIPP/US exam.
These Infosec Skills instruction blocks are called "learning paths", and a path is made up of multiple "courses". For example, my CIPP/US learning path is made up of 7 courses.
First I built an introductory course to prepare you as I introduce privacy, law, and share some learning and exam taking tips. Then there is a course for each of the five CIPP/US domains as we walk through that body of knowledge. At the end comes a wrap-up course to solidify things, plus an optional practical exercise and then over 200 practice multiple choice questions (many of which incorporate my unique brand of humor to keep you going).
I suggest following my CIPP/US learning path from start to finish. Though I have been teaching for a while, you will see the evolution of my video delivery and production skills as we progress. But the path is also modular so you can sample various videos as you see fit.
Infosec has an enormous learning platform
Infosec has a huge platform, with many other expert instructors teaching great courses. I am a fan of the many CompTIA certifications, such as Security+, Network+, or A+, and there are prep courses for that. Also paths for dozens of other certifications including CISSP, CISM, CISA, CASP+, and more. And tons of learning on many infosec topics and skills. All on the Infosec platform, including courses by Mike Meyers, an experienced professional for online course delivery and who wrote three books sitting in my bookshelf.
With many authors teaching many subjects, there is diversity of knowledge, skills, and styles. Of course, not every course an enthralling thrill ride. This is not going to replace Netflix, HBOMax, or your favorite roller coaster adrenaline rush, but there is a lot of knowledge available.
Create a free account if you are still deciding
You can create a free account to trial my course (and many others). See the bottom for links and screenshots for my course page and author page at Infosec Inc.
You can review all of the content on the site free with no obligation for 7 days.
If you decide to purchase a subscription, be sure to use my discount code of BANDLER50 to get half-off your purchase. You can apply the code to either a monthly or annual subscription.
The BANDLER50 coupon code
Infosec Skills by Infosec Inc. is subscription based -- monthly or annually.
While subscribed, you get full access to all of their course offerings, including my CIPP/US privacy course. Check their site for full terms and updated pricing, but last I checked an annual subscription is $599, and monthly it is $99. So if you think you will use it for more than six months, then the annual plan seems more cost effective.
If you use my discount code you get 50% off your initial purchase. That means if you purchase an annual subscription you get $299.50 off, and if you purchase a monthly subscription you get $49.50 off.
Again, with any subscription you get full and unlimited access to all course offerings. All subscriptions get all access, including when you use the discount code. You get access to every course (including mine). So there is no downside to using the discount code, only upside with 50% off.
So once you have decided this is worth the expenditure for you, using the coupon code is a no-brainer.
Conclusion and disclosure
I think I built a great course to learn about privacy and cybersecurity law, and prepare for the CIPP/US exam. I put a lot of effort and time into it and did my best.
The Infosec platform has over a thousand other courses, and any subscriber gets unlimited access to all of them.
As you probably assumed already, I receive some author royalties and commissions for the course and use of the discount code. Notwithstanding this extremely small personal interest:
- I believe studying for and obtaining the IAPP CIPP/US certification is a valuable endeavor (otherwise I would not have it myself nor have created a course to prepare for it).
- I feel that I provide important knowledge in the course -- even if you are not interested in the certification.
- I think the Infosec Institute (Infosec Inc.) is a good organization providing important learning materials, or I would not have partnered with them to create this course.
- They are a separate entity, and when you visit their website, create an account with them, or obtain a subscription from them, that is an agreement and relationship between you and them. I want to hear about your experiences with them and my course, so feel free to drop a note and let me know how it is going.
- CIPP/US course landing page at Infosec Institute website https://www.infosecinstitute.
- Free trial at the InfoSec Institute! Create a free account, log in and view my course through this link https://app.infosecinstitute.com/portal/skills/path/6155. You can start a free 7-day trial to test drive my course and others on the platform. Use my discount code BANDLER50. Personal Coupon Code Infosec Skills CIPP/US
- John's author page at InfoSec Institute https://www.infosecinstitute.
- About the CIPP/US Certification, How to Study for It, and References, https://johnbandler.com/cipp-us-certification/
This page is hosted at https://johnbandler.com/personal-coupon-code-infosec-skills. Copyright John Bandler, all rights reserved. No claim to IAPP materials or Infosec materials. Thanks to Infosec for the website screenshots and embedded video.
Page posted 01/05/2022. Updated 04/20/2022.
Visit Infosec's website
See my course landing page, author page, and create a free trial account. Remember discount code Bandler50.
Watch my trailer video
Then create a free account to trial my course (and many others) through this link to https://app.infosecinstitute.com/portal/skills/path/6155, which will take you to an Infosec page to create a free account.
If you decide to purchase a subscription use my discount code of BANDLER50.
What other courses can coupon code Bandler50 get access to?
This discount code is good for:
- Over 1,300 learning paths.
- Dozens of other certification prep courses, including those from ISC2, IAPP, EC-Council, CompTIA, AWS, CISCO, ISACA, and more.
- Certifications include: CIPP/US, CIPP/E, CISSP, CCSP, ISSEP, ISSAP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CCNA, CEH, CCFE, ITIL, CASP+, CySA+, PenTest+, Security +, Network+, A+, and more.
- An enormous quantity of quality learning content and cyber ranges that are not related to certifications.