Cybercrime Investigation Presentation Landing Page
by John Bandler
This cybercrime investigation landing page is a clean(ish) compilation of various links and references that I refer to when speaking about cybercrime investigation.
- The book! See below, and the Cybercrime Investigations book overview page is https://johnbandler.com/cybercrime-investigations/
- The Three Priority Cybercrime Threats, https://johnbandler.com/priority-cybercrime-threats/
- Email Based Funds Transfer Frauds https://johnbandler.com/email-based-funds-transfer-frauds/
- Data Breaches https://johnbandler.com/data-breach/
- Ransomware https://johnbandler.com/ransomware/
- Virtual Currency (including digital currency, cryptocurrency, virtual assets, and "value that substitutes for currency"), https://johnbandler.com/virtual-currency-virtual-assets-cryptocurrency/ (see also Cybercrime Investigations Chapter 15).
- Antonia Merzon and John Bandler, The Need for Improved Cybercrime Investigations: Why We Wrote This Book (June 19, 2020) https://johnbandler.com/need-for-improved-cybercrime-investigations/
- John Bandler and Antonia Merzon, A Call for Better Cybercrime Investigation, ACAMS Today (March 2020) https://www.acamstoday.org/a-call-for-better-cybercrime-investigation/
Cybercrime and its investigation ties into cybersecurity and law, resources on that below:
- Introduction to Law (an outline) https://johnbandler.com/introduction-to-law-outline/
- Introduction to Cybersecurity, https://johnbandler.com/introduction-cybersecurity-information-security/
- Cybersecurity book overview page: https://johnbandler.com/cybersecurity-for-the-home-and-office/
- Cybersecurity Laws and Regulations Part 1, (general legal overview), https://johnbandler.com/cybersecurity-laws-and-regulations-1/
- Policies, Procedures, and Governance of an Organization https://johnbandler.com/policies-procedures-and-governance-of-an-organization/
- Cybersecurity, Privacy, You, and Your Organization https://johnbandler.com/cybersecurity-privacy-you-and-your-organization/
- Privacy, You, Your Organization, and the New NIST Privacy Framework, https://johnbandler.com/privacy-and-the-new-nist-privacy-framework/
- The NYS SHIELD Act Cybersecurity and Data Breach Law, https://johnbandler.com/new-york-cybersecurity-requirements-and-the-shield-act/
Cybercrime Investigations: A Comprehensive Resource for Everyone
Key features of this book include:
- Understanding cybercrime, computers, forensics, and cybersecurity
- Law for the cybercrime investigator, including cybercrime offenses; cyber evidence-gathering; criminal, private and regulatory law, and nation-state implications
- Cybercrime investigation from three key perspectives: law enforcement, private sector, and regulatory
- Financial investigation
- Identification (attribution) of cyber-conduct
- Litigation in the criminal and civil arenas
- Interesting vignettes.
This page is hosted at https://johnbandler.com/cybercrime-investigation-presentation. Copyright John Bandler. All rights reserved.
Page created 4/14/2022. Updated 4/26/2022.