By John Bandler
Published January 17, 2023, Reuters Legal News
FTX is not the first nor last but a recent and enormous implosion in the cryptocurrency industry. Previously we have seen examples parade by of external theft, internal theft, anti-money laundering failures, cybercrime enablement, loss of cryptographic keys and skewed investor playing fields. More will come, and we should reevaluate whether crypto investment is a helpful development or a zero-sum game where hucksters, charlatans and the lucky can make money at the expense of others.
Find it on Westlaw Today here
I wrote the article, Thomson Reuters owns the copyright, and I have permission to host it here (more details in the PDF).
My other Reuters articles include
- Cryptocurrency past is prologue: before and after FTX (this page)
- Solving the cybercrime problem
- Attorneys, cybersecurity, and New York's new CLE training requirement
- Cybersecurity law, compliance and protection
- SolarWinds and the SEC lawsuit
- See all articles from my Reuters author page https://www.reuters.com/authors/john-bandler/
My blog articles on related topics
- Virtual Currency References
- Virtual Currency (including digital currency, cryptocurrency, virtual assets, and value that substitutes for currency)
This page is hosted at https://johnbandler.com/cryptocurrency-past-is-prologue-before-and-after-ftx.
The Reuters article was published on 1/17/2023.
Page created 1/18/2023. Updated 11/29/2023.