Free Starter Cybersecurity Policy
This is the free starter cybersecurity policy for organizations that have not yet gotten started. Some lack the resources to obtain personalized expert assistance and do not have any documents in place.
This free version of my cybersecurity policy gets you started.
Put an organization rule in place (this policy). Then get to work complying with the rule and improving your organization.
Many small organizations have not gotten started with cybersecurity yet. They don't have an internal cybersecurity policy or incident response plan. They may not have even thought about the threats and how to protect against them, nor the legal requirements. Every organization needs to do something, then continually improve their cybersecurity posture. For some that means getting started, and my free policy helps you do that, and is backed by other resources.
Please click on the link, button, or image to access and download the policy.
In exchange for my gift to you, I hope you will consider returning the favor with expressions of gratitude, compliments, constructive feedback, purchase of my books, referrals, and consideration of my services as your organization grows and gains the capacity to hire professional help.
Conclusion and Additional References
Cybercrime attacks continue repeatedly and legal requirements are here. Every organization needs a cybersecurity program. I want to help you get started.
- See the policy itself for additional links and references, including links to my articles on cybercrime, cybersecurity, law, internal governance, and more.
- My articles
- My books
- My services
- My resources on this website on policies starting here
- My online course on security policies
This article is hosted at https://johnbandler.com/cybersecurity-policy-free-version. Copyright John Bandler, all rights reserved.
Policy version notes
- Version 1.0 dated 2021-10-24. First version.
- Version 1.1 dated 2022-1-31. Minor updates. Within text, resources for additional information are clickable links, and the URL is now spelled out only in the appendix.
- Version 1.2 dated 2023-4-19. Minor updates, a few more links to new articles.
Posted July 2021. Updated 6/17/2023.