Cybersecurity for Your Small Business: Protect Your Organization and Comply with Legal Obligations
This webpage accompanies a presentation by John Bandler on October 27, 2021, hosted by Pace University's Small Business Development Center (SBDC), as a complimentary benefit for small businesses. The presentation was not recorded (but see YouTube link below for a prior presentation that was).
Webinar materials and reference include:
- For small organizations that cannot afford to hire professional cybersecurity assistance, download my
** Free Cybersecurity Policy **
- A PDF of the slide deck was available for download shortly after the presentation
- Cybersecurity Tips from John Bandler (one page tipsheet)
- Introduction to Cybersecurity and Information Security
Short informational articles about the three priority cybercrimes to protect against:
Cybersecurity related forms you can use to identify and list the information assets in your home or small organization.
- Form 1: Cybersecurity Forms Explained and Checklist
- Form 2: Personal Primary Device and Data Account Summary
- Form 3: Personal Data summary
- Form 4: Home Device (computer) Inventory
- Form 5: Personal Email & Internet Account Inventory
- Form 6: Network and Internet Summary
Other articles related to small business cybersecurity:
- Cybersecurity, Privacy, You, and Your Organization
- Policies, Procedures, and Governance of an Organization
- Cybersecurity Laws and Regulations Part 1 (general legal overview)
- New York Cybersecurity Requirements and the SHIELD Act
- Cybersecurity and Working from Home
- Bandler's Four Pillars of Cybersecurity
- Cybersecurity for the Home and Office (page about my first book and its main principles)
- Cybercrime Investigations (page about my second book)
View my earlier presentation for the PACE SBDC on YouTube, at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5eDpaQKE7A
More of John's articles and information about his books are available at: https://johnbandler.com/articles/. Information about John's services are available here.
The Pace SBDC links to register for this webinar were:
Posted 10/23/2021. Updated 10/27/2021.